Monel 400 is a Nickel-Copper high-performance alloy that is resistant to the harsh corrosion and temperatures of seawater, steam at high temperatures, and other caustic solutions. It is particularly resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated. This material is characterized by good corrosion resistance and has a potential for good weldability. It is slightly magnetic at room temperature but this alloy can be used in a variety of applications
Monel 400 is widely used in chemical, electrical and saltwater marine applications as well as offshore engineering, salt production, and hydrocarbon processing. This material is available in ASTM B164 Class A.
Monel 400 Product Overview
Fastener Solutions carries a wide range of products that are constructed from advanced quality monel 400. These fastener products will stand the test of time and can be used for numerous types of applications. Some of the products that we stock in this alloy, include:
- Socket head cap screws
- Hex bolts
- And more
- Corrosion resistance in a variety of marine and chemical environments ranging from pure water to non-oxidizing mineral acids, salts and alkalis.
- Good mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to about 480C.
- Good resistance to sulfuric and hydrofluoric acids. Aeration will result in increased corrosion rates (may be used to handle hydrochloric acid, but the presence of oxidizing salts will accelerate corrosive attack).
- Excellent resistance to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking.
- Nearly non-magnetic, 82,000psi min. tensile strength; strengthened by cold working.
- Heat exchangers in a variety of industries.
- Transfer piping from oil refinery crude columns.
- Cladding for the upper areas of oil refinery crude columns.
- Feedwater and steam generator tubing.
- Brine heaters, sea water scrubbers in tanker inert gas systems.
- Sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plants.
- Plant for the refining of uranium and isotope separation in the production of nuclear fuel.
- Pumps and valves used in the manufacturing of perchloroethylene or chlorinated plastics.
- Propeller and pump shafts.
Approximately 65% nickel, 32% copper.