300 Series Stainless Steel Grades | 316 Stainless Steel
Fastener Solutions supplies a wide variety of materials and coatings for a range of industries including 316 stainless steel from the 300 stainless steel series. The 316 alloy is a molybdenum-bearing austenitic stainless steel containing 18% chromium, 8% nickel, and 2-3% molybdenum. The higher nickel and molybdenum content in this grade allows it to demonstrate better overall corrosion resistant properties than the 304 alloy, especially with regard to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride environments. In addition, Alloy 316 provides excellent elevated temperature tensile and stress rupture strengths, as well as outstanding weldability.
Characteristics of 316 Stainless Steel
· Corrosion resistant.
· Almost completely free from chloride-induced stress corrosion cracking.
· Excellent mechanical properties at high temperatures.
Applications for 316 Stainless Steel Fasteners
· Food preparation equipment.
· Chemical processing equipment.
· Laboratory benches and equipment.
· Rubber, plastics, pulp and paper machinery.
· Pollution control equipment.
· Boat fittings, as well as valve and pump trim.
· Heat exchangers.
· Pharmaceutical and textile industries.
· Condensers, evaporators and tanks.
ASTM A193 Gr.B8M; A276 Type 316; A320 Gr. B8M.
Contact Fastener Solutions Today!
Not finding your fastener or material? Contact Us or Request a quote for more information. Our friendly staff is always ready to help get you the product you need. Our Online reference search is also available for additional research!
Check out our other Exotic Alloys 18.8 Stainless Steel, 316 Stainless Steel, 304L & 316L, Alloy 20, 17-4PH, 410 Stainless Steel, Inconel, Monel 400, Monel 500, Hastelloy C-276, Brass, Silicon Bronze 651 & 655, Aluminum Bronze, Titanium, Aluminum 2024, Aluminum 6061, Hot Dip Galvanizing, Zinc Plating, Chrome Plating