300 Series Stainless Steel Grades | 304L & 316L Steel
Fastener Solutions supplies a wide variety of materials and coatings for a range of industries including 304L and the 316L stainless steel. The austenitic 304L alloy which is a part of the 300 series stainless steel, has a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. The austenitic stainless steels are also considered to be the most weldable of the high-alloy steels .While the 18-8 grade is used for commercial pots and pans, these steel grades have low carbon and are the most versatile, widely used alloys in the stainless steel family. Alloys 304L and 316L exhibits excellent corrosion resistance and has a high ease of fabrication, outstanding formability.
- Corrosion resistance in a variety of marine and chemical environments ranging from pure water to non-oxidizing mineral acids, salts and alkalis.
- High weldability and can be welded by all fusion and resistance welding processes.
- Food processing equipment, particularly in milk processing, beer brewing, and wine making.
- Kitchen benches, sinks, equipment, and appliances.
- Architectural trim and molding.
- Automotive and aerospace structural use.
- Construction material in large buildings.
- Chemical containers, including for transport.
- Heat exchangers.
- Nuts, bolts, screws, and other specialty fasteners that are used in the marine environment.
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying and water filtration equipment.