HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Supplier Assisted Inventory Management (SAIM), similar to Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), allows customers to streamline their warehouse inventory and more.
A Fastener Solutions representative works with purchasing to identify the items that will be included in the SAIM program, along with min – max levels and order quantities.
Your Fastener Solutions representative will input that data into our Business Edge software, produce bar code bin labels, and affix them to your locations.
Select your staff to administrate the program and they will be trained on the SAIM process and how to use the scanner. SAIM Training is simple and can easily be shared or explained over the phone. Our FSI rep will work with your staff to scan their first few orders, and clock the scanner. The order is then transferred by email to a designated sales person at Fastener Solutions, as well as a member of your purchasing staff, or both. This information can be sent in PDF or EXCEL format. The EXCEL format is a great help if your software allows for orders to be imported form EXCEL.
Fastener Solutions will prepare the order in a predetermined, agreed upon time period and ship the order to you. When the packages arrive, each item is clearly marked with quantity , part #, and description, along with location. Having the location on the label reduces material handling time and lowers costs. After the items are stored, the process begins again.
WHY IT WORKS:
Like a traditional VMI program, SAIM offers: SAVINGS!!!
TIME – SPACE – MONEY
- Reduced Procurement Costs – All downloaded SAIM orders can be shared with purchasing in EXCEL format.
- Reduces Your On-Hand Inventory – FSI will commit to maintain 2 months or more of customer’s usage on hand in their facility at all times.
- Eliminates Stock Outs – Having someone look in a bin weekly offers more control over inventory errors.
- Maximizes Floor Space – Items can easily be added or removed from the program.
- Lowered Inventory Costs – Ready Identification Efficiency, Streamlined Ordering and Reduced on Hand Inventory lower overall inventory costs.
SAIM ELIMINATES THE CONCERNS OF A TRADITIONAL VMI PROGRAM:
- Loss of Control
- Vendor employee turnover – creates problems navigating your warehouse resulting in Stock Outs.
- Supplier Overload – excessive inventory is delivered to maintain vendor’s quotas
- Vendor doesn’t maintain visit schedule
WHY SAIM IS THE CHOICE FOR SUPPLY CHAIN EFFICIENCY
SAIM addresses the primary goals of a VMI program. It lowers costs for both parties, and offers the customer better control. The goal of any VMI program is to take the time consuming task of procuring inexpensive and readily available items out of the hands of purchasing. SAIM shifts that task to a warehouse person, using technology for maximum efficiency.
SAIM also integrates the technological efficiency of shipping companies like UPS. It all combines with your warehouse personnel for greater efficiency and reduced costs eliminating redundancy.
Have questions? Contact us at 866-463-2910 and one of knowledgeable sales staff can get started today.