Fastener Solutions is an Inconel supplier offering this hard working alloy in a wide variety of materials and coatings for a range of industries. Inconel alloys, also aptly named superalloys are nickel-based and exhibit traits such as high resistance to corrosion, oxidation, carburization, pitting, crevice, corrosion cracking, and high-temperature strength.
Chemical processing, nuclear, petrochemical, aerospace and marine industries widely use these superalloys due to the fact they are corrosion-resistant. Inconel is widely used in extreme environments where tremendous heat and corrosion resistance is paramount to the integrity of the end product.
- Resistance to acids, such as sulfuric, phosphoric, nitric, and hydrochloric.
- High resistance to oxidation at elevated temperatures.
- Almost completely free from chloride-induced stress corrosion cracking.
- Excellent mechanical properties at both extremely low and extremely high temperatures.
- Chemical and petrochemical processing.
- Flare stacks on offshore oil platforms or components where exposure to high mechanical stress and seawater are required.
- Gas turbines and rocket motors/engines.
- Pollution control equipment.
- Nuclear reactor components.
70% nickel, 12% chromium, 2% iron.