The Hastelloy C-276 is a versatile and corrosion resistant alloy composed of nickel-chromium-molybdenum. Hastelloy C-276 is resistant to the formation of grain boundary precipitates, so in welding conditions, it is suitable for most chemical process applications. Another benefit of using this alloy is that it has excellent resistance to pitting, stress-corrosion cracking and oxidizing atmospheres.
High strength at extremely high temperatures. Typical applications include equipment components in chemical and petrochemical organic chloride processes, pulp and paper digesters and bleach areas, flue gas desulfurization (FGD) scrubbers, pharmaceutical and food processing equipment.
- This alloy has exceptional resistance to strong solutions of oxidizing salts, such as ferric and cupric chlorides.
- It is one of the few alloys resistant to a number of solutions including wet chloride gas, hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide.
- Evaporators, heat exchangers, filters and mixers used in sulfuric acid environments.
- Digesters and bleach plants used in the paper industry.
- Equipment for processes utilizing halide or acid catalysts.
- Organic chloride process equipment.
- Pharmaceutical and food processing equipment
While this product can be used for a range of industries, one of the most common applications it is used for is chemical and petrochemical processes equipment components.
Hastelloy C-276 is an alloy with universal corrosion resistance unmatched by any other alloy. When you need an alloy that has outstanding resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments this is the material and coating we recommend because it has an excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Hastelloy C-276 can withstand the following chemical processes: ferric and cupric chlorides, hot contaminated mineral acids, solvents, chlorine contamination (both organic and inorganic), formic and acetic acids, acetic anhydride, hypochlorite solutions, and seawater and brine solutions.
60% nickel, 16% molybdenum, 15% chromium.